j) Teachers establish and maintain partnerships among school, home and community, and within their own schools.
Teachers engage in activities that contribute to the quality of the school as a learning environment. They work with others to develop, coordinate and implement programs and activities that characterize effective schools. They also work cooperatively with school
councils.Teachers strive to involve parents in their children’s schooling. Partnerships with the home are characterized by the candid sharing of information and ideas to influence how teachers and parents, independently and cooperatively, contribute to students’ learning.
“Demonstrates positive citizenship and recognizes the individual needs of students and their families. Teacher establishes appropriate, effective and pro-active strategies to foster safe and engaging learning communities in and outside of the classroom.”
I have met the criteria by the following:
- First 2 weeks of school are all about creating classroom culture and the learning environment in the classroom. Including:
- letter home for parents to write back to me
- creating classroom quilt or classroom montage for the year
- Establishing classroom rules with the students
- Rewarding and praising positive behaviour: such as on-task behaviour
- Greeting students at the door